- Last Updated: May. 22, 2018
Information Collected by CALIMT
Our Sites are made available to you to provide information about our university and the services offered. You can browse our Sites without providing any personal information such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number or social security number.
When you access and use our Sites, some information is automatically collected. For example, we may collect information about your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website that referred you to us. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites.
-Third Party Advertising
We also collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you apply for admission, register for an account, participate in a promotion, request a brochure or other materials, locate or make inquiries to specific departments, request information or otherwise contact CALIMT. Such information may include: contact information (name, address, telephone number, social media username, mobile phone and/or email address, etc.); academic area or interest (MBA, BBA, etc.); financial information (payment history, current and estimated payments, etc.); demographic information (age, academic status, marital status, etc.); and marketing profile information (admissions date, graduation date, etc.). Finally, we may obtain information from other sources and combine that with the information we collect directly from you.
How We Use Your Information
Non-personal information is used to generate statistics and to measure site activity in order to improve the usefulness of the site for our visitors.
- operate and improve our Sites
- provide information about our institution and send you related information, including confirmations, brochures, academic notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- respond to comments, questions or requests for information and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about our classes, achievements, new contests, promotions, rewards, special offers, upcoming events and other news about CALIMT and our selected partners;
- generate site analytics to improve our website and the user experience; and
- link or combine with personal information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service and information.
CALIMT may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
Sharing Your Information
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on the Site/s that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- with vendors, contractors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us;
We may also share aggregated or anonymous information that does not directly identify you.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s Shine the Light law, Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83, California residents have the right to request and obtain, once per year, information regarding CALIMT’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. To request a list of the categories of information CALIMT has shared, and the names and addresses of such third parties, please send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updating Your Information
If you provided CALIMT with personal information, you may review and update that information by logging into your online account.
Opt Out Option and Correcting Your Information
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from CALIMT at any time by visiting http://www.CALIMT.edu/preferences and changing your communication preferences. In addition, you can opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions in those emails, but note that we may still send you non-opted-in emails, such as emails about your account or our ongoing business or academic relations. You may also request changes to your contact preferences and the personal information by writing to: email@example.com
We take reasonable measures to protect personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Third Party Links