- Promote cultural sensitivity and awareness of cultural differences to assist individuals when doing business in different cultures.
- Train business professionals to be ethical and socially responsible leaders.
- Educate students to acquire enhanced understanding of key business functions, such as accounting, finance, human resource management, marketing, and operations.
- Provide core business courses that are fundamental for success in a highly competitive global market.
- Use a unique blend of traditional management education, cultural studies, and opportunity to engage in collaborative learning with those from other cultures.
- Incorporate cultural aspects in each course so that students can apply a course’s content in multiple cultural venues.
- Emphasize corporate social responsibility (CSR) and business ethics throughout the curriculum.
- Focus on leadership in organizations and develop effective global business communication skills in students.
CALIMT was founded in Newport Beach, California, in July 2010, and obtained approval by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education to operate as a private postsecondary institution in December 2011. Approval to operate means the institution is compliant with the minimum standards contained in the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 (as amended) and Division 7.5 of Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations. CALIMT changed its name to Meta Business School in 2012 and obtained national accreditation by Distance Education Accrediting Council (DEAC) in June 2016. Finally, the school reverted to its original name CALIMT in May 2017.
CALIMT was founded to offer quality business programs with a global, cross-cultural focus as well as an emphasis on corporate social responsibility. By offering our programs online, CALIMT aims make its programs both accessible and affordable to a diverse global student body.